TYPES OF MOTORS
- Private Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle/ Special Vehicles
- Public Vehicle/ Passenger Carrying (Taxi, Uber, Tours, Bus)
- Motor Cycle / Tricycle (Motor bike/ Bajaj)
Type of insurance cover for motor
Types of general motor vehicle insurance you need to be aware of:
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP)/mandatory motor vehicle accident personal injuries and property damage arising – It protects any person that you might injure while you are driving.
- Comprehensive – covers damage to your own vehicle and other people’s property, as well as theft and some other risks, plus legal costs
What is Covered:
- Accident that occur in main and private roads/parking space
- Damage caused by natural occurrences (fallen tree for example).
- Hit and run incidents
- Total theft of vehicle and theft of parts.
- Fire or explosion.
- Earthquakes or flood
- Liabilities to third party due to accidents.
What should i do if i cause accident to another person (third party
- Do not admit liability just inform us by giving the circumstances of the accident
- Do not commit yourself to pay any amount of money unless authorized by us
What could make my claim more difficult?
Insurance companies pay out most car insurance claims. However, insurers are much less likely to accept a claim in a number of circumstances, including if:
- The driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The driver was unlicensed or with a suspended license
- The vehicle was unregistered
- The vehicle was being driven irresponsibly or improperly
- The vehicle was not in good order and repair, free from rust, mechanical, hail or unrepaired damage, or any other damage that would make it unsafe
- Police have charged the claimant with an offence that relates to the claim
Inform the Traffic Police when you’re at the
location of the accident.
- Inform us about the accident so that we can give you the guideline of the documents needed.
- Take your car to garage with the supervision from us.
- Bring the following documents with you when you are coming to claim (PF 90, vehicle inspection report, accident sketch map, garage quotation, copy of driving licence, copy of registration card)
- We will give the authorization for repair or discharge voucher for cash loss
If personal effects are stolen from my vehicle are, they automatically covered?
Your motor vehicle policy may not cover anything that can easily be removed and stolen from the vehicle, including personal property such as a briefcase, laptop or mobile device.
Check with us what your policy does and does not include.
If your property is stolen or damaged, some contents policies may cover personal property.
What is an excess?
Excess is the contribution towards the claim/loss which comes from the client.
Excess is applied to put responsibility on the client, to ensure he takes care of the vehicle as if not insured and to minimize small losses
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS (At an additional premium)
- Excess buy back: 10% loading on OD premium
- Loss of use (max of 21 days @ 50,000 per day); additional premium of T.sh 50,000 per vehicles.
- Personal accident cover for chauffer/driver (death only maximum benefit of T.sh 5,000,000
- Extension of geographical to East Africa (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda)
Increase of TPPD limits (in excess of T.sh 50,000,000) of increased limits opted